Home Infusion Process
1. A person from your doctor’s office or a case manager from the hospital will contact OptionOne.
2. Our staff will call your insurance company to determine your insurance coverage.
3. The start of your home infusion therapy will be coordinated with your doctor.
4. OptionOne will contact you to schedule a time for your nurse’s first visit.
5. Our pharmacists and technicians will prepare all of the necessary medication and coordinate your delivery.
6. A delivery technician will bring your medication and supplies to your location prior to your nurse’s visit.
7. Your nurse will instruct you on the basic techniques for the safe administration of your medication or therapy until you demonstrate comfort.
8. On subsequent visits your nurse will monitor the IV infusion site and evaluate the effectiveness of therapy.
9. A nurse or pharmacist is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions or concerns.